Mar 6, 2012

Kitchen Shelving

Open shelves in a kitchen are one of the perfect places to display beautiful bowls, saucers, cups, pitchers, dishes, canisters, vases, frames.... almost anything!  The arrangement can be a mix of pieces that are used everyday, only for special occasions and even objects that are on the shelf purely for color or interest.  I recently rearranged items on the open shelves in my kitchen using our everyday dishes and more....

Kitchen Shelving

When we moved in the house, I removed the cabinet doors, painted the inside shelves Wythe Blue by Benjamin Moore (it's more of a green than blue), and arranged the shelves with a few items from around the house.  Now after living in the house for a year (time flies!), I tweaked the arrangement by adding dishes, bowls and a few odds and ends that had been hiding behind closed cabinets.

Kitchen Shelving

I love it best when old pieces (hand-me-downs, garage sale finds, collected antiques, etc) are combined with the new.... there's warmth and comfort with the old.  This used to be my grandma's soup warmer (there's an electrical cord in the back).... I love it!

Kitchen Shelving

And here's a few more photos of the open shelves.....

Kitchen Shelving

Kitchen Shelving

Shelving

If you're looking for styling tips to decorate your shelves, I listed a few here.... the tips could be applied whether it's shelving in the living room, kitchen, a kid's room, etc.

So, what's your favorite way to display items in the kitchen?

9 comments:

  1. Spot on with this write-up, I truly think this website needs much more consideration. I’ll probably be again to read much more, thanks for that info.

    Sportnewsupdate.2itb.com
    Jasmine.populiser.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the right blog for anyone who wants to find out about this topic. You realize so much its almost hard to argue with you (not that I actually would want…HaHa). You definitely put a new spin on a topic thats been written about for years. Great stuff, just great!

    Click Here
    Visit Web

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was very pleased to find this web-site. I wanted to thanks for your time for this wonderful read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you blog post.

    Wikidot.com
    Information
    Click Here

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I just say what a relief to find someone who actually knows what theyre talking about on the internet. You definitely know how to bring an issue to light and make it important. More people need to read this and understand this side of the story. I cant believe youre not more popular because you definitely have the gift.

    Enlinea.unitex.edu.mx
    Information
    Click Here

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, this was a really nice post. In idea I would like to put in writing like this additionally – taking time and actual effort to make a very good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate alot and by no means seem to get something done.

    Visit Web
    Hwwc.mg
    Information

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a great blog here! would you like to make some invite posts on my blog?

    Click Here
    Visit Web
    Tamalemetro.gov.gh

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...