I moved some books, rotated a few more and then added other interesting objects from around the house. These are a few tricks I use when styling a bookshelf:
- alternate between stacking books horizontal and vertical
- add framed photos and art throughout the arrangement
- lean smaller frames in front of books and larger ones against the back shelf wall
- overlap frames to provide an intriguing look
- position treasures on top, in front or beside the piles of books (ie. antlers, handmade wooden vehicles, game pieces, plates, etc)
- display objects that give reminders of special memories (ie. seashells, stones, wine corks etc all stored in glass jars)
- incorporate a variety of shaped objects (ie. rectangular books, round bowls, circular globes, unique sculptures, etc)
Styling a bookshelf is always a fun and quick project! Here's one last distance photo of the newly styled bookshelf in the living room....
I hope you have an enjoyable weekend.... I'll be back next week to (hopefully) show you a finished painted and organized hall closet!