Jun 30, 2011

Bookshelves (Lookshelves)

My cousin recently asked me what I thought about bookshelves that are designed to showcase a book's cover, instead of the binding.  Well, I knew I loved them, especially for children's books (such a great way to encourage little ones to read), but I love them even more now that I've been gathering inspiration photos.  There are a lot of really great ideas out there.... I shared these with my cousin and I thought I'd share them with you too, since some are fairly inexpensive to buy and some look like fun to make without the high cost....

Lisa Sherry's house was photographed for a recent issue of Lonny Mag.  I love how she created such a whimsical and fun space for her family, especially these two bookshelves... what a great house for kids....

Bookshelf

Bookshelf

Ikea spice racks as bookshelves...

Lookshelf
Apologies, Source Unknown

The shelves below look like simple pine boards... John and Sherry at Young House Love have a great tutorial for creating this type of shelf...

Lookshelf

These three shelves were made here for only $20....

Lookshelf

These ones were made from old pallets.... such a great idea!!!

Lookshelf

Lookshelf
Apologies, Source Unknown

Here's two more larger sized shelves....

Lookshelf

Lookshelf

And, if you're lucky enough to have a room designated as a kid's library (or your own), like Kelly Wearstler, you could create something like this....

Bookshelf

These options are great.... and I love the color that all the books lend to a room... makes for a really fun room!  And I'm sure it would be kid-approved!!!

Where do you store your books?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...