Dec 20, 2011

Cookie Box Gifts

This week we're doing A LOT of last minute errands, cleaning and baking in preparation for family coming in town to celebrate Christmas with us..... as hectic as it seems right now, I LOVE this time of year!  Today, we passed out a few boxes of cookies to our neighbors to say Merry Christmas!

Cookie Box

To get the boxes ready, we baked, frosted and of course ate a few cookies.  Then to package the boxes, I first cut parchment paper in tiny squares using pinking shears to separate the different types of cookies in the box....

Cookie Box

I added the first layer... parchment paper cut to size (4" x 4")....

Cookie Box

Then added shortbread cookies....

Cookie Box

.... another sheet of cut parchment paper, then peanut butter balls....

Cookie Box

On top of the peanut butter balls I added another sheet of parchment paper, a few more cookies, then closed the box, added a tag (cut using a square scallop punch) and red and white baker's twine to hold it all together.

Cookie Box

The baker's twine was wrapped around the box a few times, then tied in a bow.

Cookie Box

Cookie Box

The cookie boxes were delivered to a few friends on the street..... and now I think it's time to eat a peanut butter ball, then clean the kitchen!  Happy Christmas..... only four days until the big day!

5 comments:

  1. It looks like you did a great job. The cookies look so yummy and the tags are so pretty. I would have loved to have gotten something like this so I'm sure your neighbors loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Cinthya! My cookies never turn out so perfect! Ha! Merry Christmas! Enjoy the family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. May I ask where you found the boxes you used? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erin - I bought the boxes from Box & Wrap: www.boxandwrap.com/cupcake-boxes-color.html

      They have several sizes to choose from (I used the 4x4x4- it's the size for a standard cupcake). Hope that helps :)

      Kristy

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...