Feb 2, 2012

Ideas for Kraft Letters

Do you get the Land of Nod catalog?  Mine came yesterday..... yay!  And one page is chock full of ideas on how to decorate Kraft letters.

Decorated Kraft Letters

I think I might be headed to Hobby Lobby or Michaels this afternoon to pick up a few letters for the kids to decorate.... so many good ideas- glitter, strips of fabric, pom-pom balls, foil, paint, ribbon, newspaper, crayons, beads, googly eyes, feathers, chalkboard paint, cotton balls, yarn, decorative paper and more (thanks Land of Nod!).

Decorated Kraft Letters

Decorated Kraft Letters 

My favorites are the two decorated in yarn (maybe it's because I have so much yarn left over from the heart banner)....

Decorated Kraft Letters

Either way, I think we'll be making a few fancy Kraft letters this weekend...

Decorated Kraft Letters

Which one is your favorite?

6 comments:

  1. i love the "l"...i reminds me of an ice cream cone wrapped in colored sprinkles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks about sweets :). The L would probably be my kids favorite too, ice cream and sprinkles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the "h" with crayons and the "m" with googly eyes. Too many good ones to choose from! I found your blog, because I was trying to find the very picture you posted from the Land of Nod catalog (that I think I may have already recycled). Do you know if any craft stores like Michaels sell these letters at a cheaper price than Land of Nod, who were asking $4 ea. While they are not exorbitant, I was thinking of doing the whole alphabet and hanging them in our daughter's playroom, and 26 letters add up! Thanks, and glad I found your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meredith - That's such a great idea to create the entire alphabet! Other than Land of Nod, I've also seen these style letters available at Michaels and Hobby Lobby, like this.... the price usually ranges from $2-3/letter (sometimes they're on sale too and you could always use a 40% off coupon- I think you can print the coupons from online too). Have fun designing your letters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’d have to check with you here. Which is not something I usually do! I enjoy reading a post that will make people think. Also, thanks for allowing me to comment!
    Chrismannmusic.com
    Mypinkfriday.com
    Sugarlandmusic.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. After study a few of the blog posts on your website now, and I truly like your way of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark website list and will be checking back soon. Pls check out my web site as well and let me know what you think.

    Website
    Information

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...