Mar 22, 2012

Free Printable: Star Wars Birthday Banner

Do you have a Star Wars fan in your house?  I do.  I have a little man, well not so little anymore, who is about to turn five.  We'll be celebrating his birthday this weekend with a few friends and to prepare, my house is being filled with a lot of blue, black and gold, light sabers, storm troopers and so many asteroids that I lost count.

The first party decoration I hung was a Star Wars birthday banner strung across the mantel.  It's also available for you to download and print (at the bottom of the post).... so simple, so easy!


To make the banner, I draped two rows of yarn across the mantel (clear tape holds it in place)....

Banner

Banner

.... then I made the design, printed the letters on white cardstock and cut out each circle.

Banner

I used a glue gun to attach the circle letters to the yarn (one dot of glue for each string of yarn).  I began with the letters that were in the center of the banner and worked toward the ends.

Banner

Banner

Banner

Finally, all the letters were attached, but my banner looked a little bottom heavy....

Banner

....so, I adjusted the tape that held the yarn in place...

Banner

and voila.... perfect, kinda (I glued my letters a little lopsided, but it's one of a kind!).

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday

Besides the Star Wars banner, here are a few more photos of the birthday decorating that's going on around here...

Star Wars

Food Label

Gift Bag

After I recoup from little Yodas and Anakins running around my house this weekend, I'll post the details (and give away so many more Star Wars printables!).  For now, the Star Wars birthday banner is available for your personal use for FREE!  So go ahead.... download, print or just pass along the link... enjoy!


Click the arrow above to download the pdf file or click the printer icon above to print.  Print on white/cream colored 8.5x11" cardstock paper.  Then cut out each circle and attach to yarn, twine, paper, walls, etc... get creative!  By the way, I updated my Free Printables page so it's easier to navigate.... check it out!

Enjoy your weekend (and may the force be with you!).

20 comments:

  1. that is awesome! thank you so much- i pinned it and am saving in case we ever have another star wars party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome Cassie! I'm not a huge Star Wars fan, but I'm really excited about this party.... I found a ton of great ideas all over the web and it's been fun to combine them all into a party that my almost 5-yr old is ecstatic about. I'll share more next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this! it looks like it's going to be a lot of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been looking at A LOT of the great ideas online. In my opinion yours is the most chic and I love it. The balloons! of course...why didn't I think of that?! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're a star! Thank you so much for such lovely printables ... you've just saved me hours of trouble and made our Star Wars party special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!!! It's just awesome what you did!
    My son will be 6 soon and he wishes a star wars birthday.
    With all your pics and great ideas I will do my best to make it a perfect day.

    Cheers from Germany!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for sharing your printables. You have saved me hours of time. Love your work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Different forms of watches have different timekeeping abilities.
    The Cartier was the very first to take the challenge of
    developing pocket watches, which could show the accurate
    time during flight journeys no matter pressure and altitude variations.
    These watches are not only for fashion and reputable brands but have
    a superior quality with premium pricing which tend to
    be expensive.

    My website - watches-bestprice.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Am i able to smoke while getting this herbalife products!

    !!!

    Feel free to surf to my blog :: precision nutrition certification book

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some web sites are there like ladies looking for men and men searching for ladies
    in chennai/bangalore and so forth...But for
    the past 5 many years am keep on submitting and anticipating some reply from the woman.
    But not yet acquired any lady response..Could it be good way to lookup lady pal
    or searching lady friend by means of website never ever work out?

    .....then inform me some other idear to obtain woman buddy?
    .......

    Here is my page ... attracting women **

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not italian, and i really got nothing against them, but I listen to girls expressing that italian males are soooo scorching, and gorgeous, with product appears, but these very same girls are with guys who are not italian. And when they are italian, they certainly do not look like designs. I imply I am able to recognize the frustration of females once they see men ogling at models/skinny females, and it tends to make me question regardless of whether my physical look is suitable or not. So my query is are men of other ethnicities less attractive? could it be a fantasy of each and every woman to be using an italian dude?

    Review my web page ... female mind mastery free

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for this! I just printed up two for our party this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello would you mind letting me know which web
    host you're using? I've loaded your blog in 3 different internet browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot quicker then most.
    Can you recommend a good hosting provider at a reasonable price?
    Thanks a lot, I appreciate it!

    Also visit my web blog :: quantrim truth

    ReplyDelete
  14. i m searching for ladies in uae for discreet connection

    Feel free to surf to my homepage ... building confidence women

    ReplyDelete
  15. Goal Setting: The SMARTER Theory

    Stop by my site :: insane home fat loss vs insanity

    ReplyDelete
  16. Could you let me know HOW you created the template? I love the look of your circles...but want to use it for a Baby Shower (yes...Star Wars themed) and cannot figure out how to change the letters! Thanks for your help!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello! I would love to print this but it says you are out of bandwidth. Thanks for your great post!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much! This is perfect for my Star Wars fan.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...