Apr 19, 2012

DIY: Soup Can to Flower Vase

A simple soup can could be reused in so many ways.... this week, I transformed my soup can into a flower vase.


The process was quick and easy.  I removed the label from the soup can (if the label leaves behind stickiness, a little Goo Gone always helps).  I opened the soup can with a can opener that doesn't produce sharp edges (the Kuhn Rikon is my favorite), then saved the soup in a separate bowl and washed the inside of the can, let it dry and painted it.

I spray painted the soup cans with Krylon's Brushed Metallic in champagne.... a few light coats covered the cans.

Flower Vase

Once the paint was dry, I clipped a variety of blooming pinkish colored flowers from my yard, filled the can with water and added the flowers to my new metallic vase.

Flower Vase

A few vases are now spread out around my house in preparation for this weekend.  Some friends and I are getting ready to host an exciting celebration on Saturday!  Here's a glimpse....

Flower Vase

Flower Vase

 I'll show details next week.... enjoy your weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Those flowers are beautiful! Peony perhaps, or roses? I bet they smell wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha, that's a great question! I wish I knew more about flowers, but I'm lucky if I can keep anything green alive in my house for more than 3 days :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...