The process was quick and easy. I removed the label from the soup can (if the label leaves behind stickiness, a little Goo Gone always helps). I opened the soup can with a can opener that doesn't produce sharp edges (the Kuhn Rikon is my favorite), then saved the soup in a separate bowl and washed the inside of the can, let it dry and painted it.
I spray painted the soup cans with Krylon's Brushed Metallic in champagne.... a few light coats covered the cans.
Once the paint was dry, I clipped a variety of blooming pinkish colored flowers from my yard, filled the can with water and added the flowers to my new metallic vase.
A few vases are now spread out around my house in preparation for this weekend. Some friends and I are getting ready to host an exciting celebration on Saturday! Here's a glimpse....
I'll show details next week.... enjoy your weekend!