Mar 31, 2011

Gift Wrap a Frame: The Tutorial

Yesterday I showed the new wall art flanking the shelving unit in the playroom... well, the art is not exactly new but it's gift wrapped!  Does that count?


I wrapped the frame backing with gift wrap from Paper-Source and today I'm going to show you how I achieved the look... it's really just like wrapping a present.  So easy... grab your supplies and follow along with me!!!

  • frame(s)
  • gift wrap (or even kraft paper, fabric, wallpaper, scrapbook paper, decorative paper, a map, newspaper, magazine or book tear-outs)
  • scissors
  • tape or glue suitable for paper
  • photo, artwork, etc

Supplies

1  Open the frame and remove the backing.
2  Unroll the gift wrap and place the frame backing front-side down on top of the gift wrap.
3  Cut the gift wrap leaving a 2" border around the frame backing.  Note: before a cut is made, check the gift wrap to make sure the design is straight and/or positioned in the area you'd like to frame.
4  Fold the edges of the gift wrap over the frame backing along one edge and tape to secure (I used masking tape)....
5  Repeat step 4 on the opposite side.

Supplies

Supplies

Supplies

Supplies

Supplies

5  Fold all the corners over, one at a time.
6  Fold the entire edge onto the frame backing and tape to secure.
7  Repeat step 6 on the opposite side; all sides should now be taped to the frame backing.

Supplies

Supplies

Supplies

9  Turn the frame backing over, front side up.
10  Take the photo, artwork, etc (whatever you will be framing); turn it over and place tape or glue on the back corners corners (I used Glue Dots).
11  Secure the photo, art work, etc, to the gift wrap (I top-centered my photo, but it could be positioned anywhere on the gift wrap).
12  Insert the frame backing into the frame and secure, admire your work and hang it up!

Supplies

Supplies

Supplies

Supplies 

And just for kicks... here's a before and after photo of the wall art... from white to bluish-green... great punch of color!



If you decide to wrap your frames, email me photos, I'd love to see your new design!!!

5 comments:

  1. This is the right blog for anyone who wants to find out about this topic. You realize so much its almost hard to argue with you (not that I actually would want…HaHa). You definitely put a new spin on a topic thats been written about for years. Great stuff, just great!

    Click Here
    Profile.ameba.jp

    ReplyDelete
  2. After study a few of the blog posts on your website now, and I truly like your way of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark website list and will be checking back soon. Pls check out my web site as well and let me know what you think.

    Kqwcpas.com
    Information

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, this was a really nice post. In idea I would like to put in writing like this additionally – taking time and actual effort to make a very good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate alot and by no means seem to get something done.

    Wishlistr.com
    Information
    Click Here

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is noticeably a bundle to know about this. I assume you made certain nice points in features also.

    Justgiving.com
    Information
    Click Here
    Visit Web

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are certainly a lot of details like that to take into consideration. That is a great point to bring up. I offer the thoughts above as general inspiration but clearly there are questions like the one you bring up where the most important thing will be working in honest good faith. I don?t know if best practices have emerged around things like that, but I am sure that your job is clearly identified as a fair game. Both boys and girls feel the impact of just a moment’s pleasure, for the rest of their lives.

    Godotengine.org
    Information
    Click Here
    Visit Web

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...