Apr 27, 2011

Ottava Light

During the week that my parents were visiting, I got a quick electrical lesson from my dad (he's a well-rounded guy with lots of talents!).  I've never hung a light before, but with so many boob lights (seriously, that's what they're called, ha) around my house, it's about time I learned a thing or two about electrical wires and switching out light fixtures.

This is the light that was in my son's room (the boob light)... I couldn't wait to take it down.

Light

I bought the Ottava light from Ikea... it's an industrial-looking-light and I thought a hanging light would be a more interesting replacement, especially since the ceiling is ten feet high.

Ottava

Here goes.... after a few instructions from my dad, I climbed the ladder and started my first project (don't let this picture fool you, he was up on that ladder more than I was!).

Light

After a little unscrewing, wire twisting and tightening, the Ottava light was hung... lights on...

Light

Lights off...

Light

And one more light picture...

Light

Love it and for $29.99, I really couldn't beat the price!

Can you guess the next project for this room?  Can you say C-U-R-T-A-I-N-S???

2 comments:

  1. The light looks awesome and I love that gallery wall! Great job, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!!! I love that light and love the price...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...