May 31, 2011

Cherries and A Few Goodies

I bought a huge bag of cherries at the grocery store last week.... and I mean HUGE.  I love this time of year and the abundance of fresh fruit, so when I see new fruit in season at the farmers market or grocery store, I buy in excess.  And I definitely bought lots of juicy, plump cherries..... yum............

Cherries

So, besides eating these cherries straight from the bowl, I'm searching for a few new recipes using fresh cherries.  If I had a perfect-cherry-filled-day, here's what I'd be making (and eating)... and yes, I'm starting out the day with a breakfast-dessert!


BreakfastToasty Almond Cherry Turnovers

Williams Sonoma


LunchCherry-Arugula Salad with Almonds and Tarragon

Whole Foods


SnackCherry Orange Oatmeal Bars

Whole Foods


DinnerChicken Cutlets with Fresh Cherry Salsa

Whole Foods
WIlliams Sonoma



What's your favorite cherry recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...