Jun 22, 2011

Bathroom Color

I started to improve the look of the kid's bathroom / hall bath / guest bath.  Yes, it's all those in one... we don't have a half bath or a separate bath for guests, so this room will have a lot of people to please.  Here's the look of the bath when we purchased the house....

Bathroom Before

And after a few, little updates.... what I call progress...

Bathroom

After the room was painted (Grant Beige by Benjamin Moore), the first update was the shower curtain.... I upcycled one of my king-sized, extremely thin, white blankets and turned it into a shower curtain.  I cut and sewed one end to make it a little shorter, then purchased an extra-long curtain liner and voila, a new look!  The nickel-brushed tension rod and clip rings were brought from our previous house.

Shower Curtain

To add some color to the room, I hung my 2-year old's painting above the toilet and made a sign above her art to remind my kids to wash their hands, with soap!

Bathroom

Bathroom

Wash Your Hands

I also added two geometric-patterned towels on the opposite wall for color.  These towels were originally one towel.... it was a HUGE beach towel that I cut in half, then sewed the frayed edge to finish them off.

Bathroom

Towels

Towels

There will be more bathroom updates to come, but for now I'm happy with the fresh look...

Bathroom

Check back tomorrow... I'll have a free printable for you!!!

Linking up to Somewhat Simple.

3 comments:

  1. I really like what you've done with the space. What a fun mom to let her 2 year old do a painting AND hang it up for all to see =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The kids love to paint and I love color... makes for a good combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just reminding everyone about tonights link party that runs Friday evening through Mondays!
    I also have an ongoing give away link party now too.
    Hope to see you soon.
    http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/
    come strut your stuff

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...