Mar 2, 2011

Chalkboard Wall

My kids love all things art related, so having a giant chalkboard wall in our playroom seems like a natural fit.  There are several companies that now offer chalkboard paint and some even have color options, besides the traditional black or green -- Hudson Paints has a great color selection.  I debated for a while about which color would look best and what color I want to stand out in the playroom (for both boys and girls) that would cover one wall (the wall on the right)...


In the end, I chose black and couldn't be happier (the other walls were painted too, carpet replaced and French doors removed, which can be read about here)!  I love the black!


I seem to cling to the color black.  I think of black as a neutral color because it goes with everything.  The black color on the one wall seems to ground the room and it gives me the freedom to change things up and not be limited in my color choices.  I love the way the chalkboard wall turned out (the kids LOVE it too!) -- in between our mess from moving.



Next on the list.... finish unpacking these boxes and clean, clean, clean the playroom (a huge shelving unit would be a great help (my wish-list for the playroom is posted here).  This is one of the first rooms I want to set-up so the kids have a place to play while I organize the rest of the house, so progress should be coming soon.

Happy Wednesday!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am very happy to read this. This is the kind of manual that needs to be given and not the random misinformation that's at the other blogs. Appreciate your sharing this best posting. Liga Inggris

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made some decent points there. I looked on the internet for the issue and found most individuals will go along with with your website.

    Website
    Information

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...