Mar 3, 2011

Smile

In our entry way we have a cute, little inset shelf.  As I've been unpacking box after box, I realized that I kept gravitating toward the entry way and arranging things on the shelf when I saw something that caught my attention.  Well, this little shelf ended up being the first area completely decorated in our new house!



 I made the "smile." art for our entry way back in Virginia... I love walking by and seeing a quote (or just a simple word) that makes me think (or adjust my attitude!).  Under the frames, I piled a few books together with their jackets removed to bring out some of the colors that will be in the adjacent room -- teal, white, green, gold, pink and black.


And, I also added a plant.... I love the freshness and life that greenery adds to a room (I'm still learning how to keep plants alive and this one really, really helps me... now I only wish I could remember the name of this plant to help you all).


 That's our shelf... cute and simple.

Check back tomorrow.... I'll have a free printable for you that'll make you smile!

1 comment:

  1. I’m impressed, I must say. Really rarely do I encounter a blog that’s both educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you have hit the nail on the head. Your idea is outstanding; the issue is something that not enough people are speaking intelligently about. I am very happy that I stumbled across this in my search for something relating to this.

    Click Here
    Lonelyplanet.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...