Apr 4, 2011

A Boy's Bedding

I tackled and survived the boxes in the guest room over the weekend... the boxes are finally unpacked and the closet is mostly organized.  Hooray for no more huge brown boxes taking up space!!!  The guest room still needs work before I take any sort of worth-while picture to post.... so, I'm moving right along with more interesting things that are going on around our house.

In between working on the playroom, I also started to decorate the kid's bedrooms to help them feel at home.  My curly-headed cowboy's room is slowly coming together.... after moving the furniture around more than a few times (thanks husband) and adding, subtracting and adjusting textured layers on the bed, I finally settled on a furniture layout and the bedding layers (not that it'll be made like this every morning, but I love it)!

Boys Bedroom

I was originally planning to lay a grassy-green colored blanket on the bed (seen here), but in the end decided this olive-green-geometric throw looked much better.  I think it adds more character (plus, it wasn't getting much use being stored in the closet).

The throw is draped at the end of the bed over the linen duvet, sewn here, and the dinosaur sheets.  I love the nail-head trimmed pillow, but the small pillow is going to be replaced as soon as some recently ordered fabric arrives (am I the only one who does a happy dance when fabric arrives on my doorstep?)!!!

Boys Bedroom

Boys Bedroom

Here's a close-up of the dinosaur sheeting that my son loves so much (me too, they fit the bed perfectly snug)...

Boys Bedroom

And, here's a sneak peak at what is above the bed.... remember all these frames?  I'm putting them to use... all over the wall...

Boys Bedroom

More pictures of the new wall gallery tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...