Jun 8, 2011

Chalkboard in the Kitchen

I love chalkboard paint... whether it's on a whole wall (seen here), painted on a headboard (seen here), on a cabinet (seen here) or even framed and mounted.... I love it!  I think the kitchen or mudroom is one of the best spots for a chalkboard, at least for me.... that's where I spend most of my time.  I can write reminders to myself, 'to do' lists, menus, notes to family members, the kids schedule, etc.

Well, I didn't need much convincing to add another chalkboard area in my house..... I just needed to find the space.  The cabinet wall on the side of the refrigerator was blank and looked like it could use some color (or a place to chalk).  Then I remembered I had just the right sized board (cut from plywood) and it was already painted with chalkboard paint.... the chalkboard headboard from guest room in VA.

chalkboard2

Chalkboard

The main purpose of this chalkboard is for me to write our weekly menu, just like here.  And the kids usually draw on the bottom portion.

Chalkboard

When I walk in the house from the back door/mudroom area, the is my view of the chalkboard....

chalkboard2

And when I walk in the front door and look to the right, there is my new chalkboard...

Chalkboard

Whoa, y'all just got a sneak peak of my totally unfinished dining room.... that's on the list.... just waaaaay down at the bottom.

Linking up to The Trendy TreehouseSavvy Southern StyleHouse of HepworthsRemodelaholicFingerprints on the FridgeFinding FabulousCreation CornerTatertots and JelloCraft-O-ManiacGinger Snap CraftsThe Thrifty Home, Goodbye City, Hello Suburbs, Chic on a Shoestring Decorating, Not Just A Housewife, Somewhat Simple, I Heart Naptime and Lolly Jane Boutique.

20 comments:

  1. I have been meaning to do this for quite sometime. I love the length of yours, and I'm glad I saw it because in totally gonna copy. :D I just painted the inside of one of my cabinet doors yesterday with chalkboard paint, but it's not as fun since it's not seen. Love your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! I like that you hung some cute pictures on it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I love the color of your buffet in your dining room! Do you remember the name of the color?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Annie - great idea.... I'm gonna have to remember that one... perfect for secret notes :))

    @Amber - The color of the buffet in the dining room is painted Kensington Green by Benjamin Moore and glazed with the original antique glaze from Sunny's Goodtime Paints..... the green color is a little on the bright side (not much, but too much for me), once glazed it's toned down and absolutely the perfect color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this...I have been wanting to do the same thing for my kitchen (to write down our weekly menus), but wasn't sure as to what style. I love how big yours is and enough room for the kids too. Thanks for the great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I so want one of these in my kitchen...love having the menu on there. Great idea. I saw you on Fingerprints on the Fridge...would love to have you link this up at my {wow me} wednesday link party going on right now over on my blog. :)

    Ginger
    gingersnapcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Ginger - Thanks for the invite.... all linked up :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have this is my kitchen too! I wish it would catch on! Share this with my party @ WorkShop Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the invite.... it's linked :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just letting you know I'll be feature YOU this Thursday on my {take a look at you} post. Thank you so much for linking up to my party last week. Hope you join us this week at {wow me} wednesday. :)

    Ginger
    gingersnapcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing... thanks for the feature :)))

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are HOME!!! YAY :) - Ok, I just painted a chalkboard and will install it underneath the bar in the kitchen for the kids to doodle on while I cook etc. Just need to finish the frame. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @UWi - I'm sure the kids are gonna love it... and I'm sure you'll love the distraction while you're cooking! Can't wait to see it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. great job!! I love how it is a stand alone piece of art without a frame! Very cool!! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute/functional addition to the space! Super cute!!

    We'd love for you to link this up w/ us :)
    http://lollyjaneboutique.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Lolly Jane - Thanks for the invite.... all linked up! Btw, you have a some GREAT tutorials on your site... I've gotta bookmark those :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a fantastic website and I can not recommend you guys enough. Full of useful resource and great layout very easy on the eyes. Please do keep up this great work... Liga Inggris

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have a great blog here! would you like to make some invite posts on my blog?

    Click Here
    Producthunt.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. The guideline viability of a private look that can help you generally keep, prepared yourself just as cause segments diet system just as to perform like endeavors similarly as with dishwashing.sizing garage heater

    ReplyDelete
  20. The fundamental elements of a kitchen are to store, plan and cook food and to wrap up related jobs like dishwashing.sizing garage heater

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...