May 16, 2011

Spray Painted Chairs

I'm back in the playroom putting the finishing touches on a few things.... I'm in the process of trying to bring the window-side of the room together.  You might remember the 'missing chairs' when I was deciding between curtain fabric... the chairs were outside waiting for a little makeover.  Woohoo for spray-paint! 

Kid's Activity Table

I spray-painted the chairs an off-white color, heirloom white by RustOleum (same color as my recently painted candlesticks).  The two smaller kid chairs were already in the room (they were originally green and white, seen here), then I added two larger chairs (black end chairs from my dining room, seen here).  A few inches were sawed off the bottom legs of the large chairs (thanks husband) to accommodate little legs, then they all got a few coats of RustOleum's Heirloom White!

Paint

Here's the look before with random chairs (which sometimes I like, just not in this case)....

Table

And now, with matching colors...

Kid's Activity Table

Chair

If you've been following along, you might have noticed the curtains are hanging.  Yup, they're up, although only temporary.... the fabric came in the mail over the weekend, I cut it in half, hung the frayed edges and now have a lot of sewing to do before they are hung for good.  Once they're done, I'll give a better angled photo so you can see, but for how here's the playroom progress....

Playroom Progress

I'm lovin' the look of all those chairs in one color, much better!  And my advice for spray-painting?  Patience.... keep your arm steadily moving while your spraying and spray lots of thin coats for even coverage.  Paint is like a little bit of magic!

Linking up to Thrifty Decor Chick.

9 comments:

  1. Kristy, your chairs turned out great. What a wonderful look. Thank you so much for using Rust-Oleum to build your project!

    - Rust-Oleum Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!!! Rust-Oleum helped give the chairs an amazing finish, like a little bit of magic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yay! I love the end product...well done! I love how the chairs are tied together with the paint color and uniquely different in style...such a fun little setting!

    www.northerncottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just discovered your site, and I LOVE the table. Where oh where did you get the kids table? And the chrome legs look so great!!
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Lyn - Thanks for the sweet comments!  I created the kids activity table here, using the top of a butcher block table from my kitchen and a few galvanized pipes found in the plumbing aisle.  The kids love having a table at their height... a perfect size.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the print on the curtains !

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should comment on the competition comparison of the blog. You can highlight it's mind boggling. Your blog exploration/tour will broaden your conversions. Liga Spanyol

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are certainly a lot of details like that to take into consideration. That is a great point to bring up. I offer the thoughts above as general inspiration but clearly there are questions like the one you bring up where the most important thing will be working in honest good faith. I don?t know if best practices have emerged around things like that, but I am sure that your job is clearly identified as a fair game. Both boys and girls feel the impact of just a moment’s pleasure, for the rest of their lives.

    Click Here
    Producthunt.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...