May 17, 2011

Gallery in Living Room

My living room feels a little more like home today....

Gallery Wall

Recently, I added a brass floor lamp (my latest garage sale find) to the room, and in the process I hung some art on the wall above one of the end tables.  After looking at the new arrangement for a few days, I decided to add more art on the wall.  I've been wanting to create another gallery wall (using all these frames) ever since I finished my my son's bedroom wall and the living room was the perfect spot!

Before I show more of the new gallery, I'll back up for those of you who just joined us.... here's how the living room wall first looked when we purchased the house ....

Living Room Before

Then the walls were painted, here and here, then we moved in and I decorated...

Living Room

The brass floor lamp and picture frames above the trunk were eventually added on the right-hand side of the couch.  And now.... a wall with more art and frames...

Gallery Wall

First, I hung empty frames.  Then the kids and I sat down with large sheets of paper, paint brushes and a few bottles of paint to create artwork that would fit inside the frames.  I chose the paint colors (metallic gold, green, blue and pink) and let the kids go at it.

There was a lot of paint brush shaking and splattering to get all those swirls.  I think my kitchen was covered in more paint than the kids, but I love having their artwork displayed (they love it too).  The kids especially love to initial their work... they take real pride in their creations.

Wall Gallery

Once the art work was added, I thought the left side of the couch needed some type of end table.  I've been trying to sell a stack of four blonde-colored, TV folding tables on Craigslist with no luck, but now I'm glad.... I grabbed one table and placed it next to the couch (perfect fit!), then I painted the table legs black, threw a scrap ticking stripe fabric on top, frayed the edges, placed a few things on top of the table... and.... the new look...

Wall Gallery

Wall Gallery

Here's a few extras of the gallery...

Wall Gallery

Wall Gallery

Wall Gallery

Gallery Wall

Here's one last close-up of the gallery (what we see looking into the living room from the kitchen)...

Gallery Wall

That's the living room progress as of today.  By the way, anyone interested in three folding TV trays?

Linking up to House of Hepworths, Paisley PassionsRemodelaholic, It's A Hodge Podge Life and Skip To My Lou.

12 comments:

  1. It looks GREAT! hey, why don't you come to NC and do my house for me!! i need to send you a picture and ask you what to do with this void apace i have...its so blah! i hate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Send me pics, ask a question.... I'd love to help :)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, will do-thanks..check your email! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have an art of creating beautiful art galleries!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks!!! I love the creating galleries.... grab a hammer and go... :)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. The artwork looks great! Your living room is beautiful, and after reading several posts, I officially love your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing! We are going to be moving into a new house soon and I am so excited to get to decorate my new space! I will definitely have to take this into consideration!

    Amanda
    Our Life on a Marquee
    www.theobanions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, this was a really nice post. In idea I would like to put in writing like this additionally – taking time and actual effort to make a very good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate alot and by no means seem to get something done.

    Website
    Information

    ReplyDelete
  9. There was a lot of paint brush shaking and splattering to get all those swirls. I think my kitchen was covered in more paint than the kids, but I love having their artwork displayed (they love it too). The kids especially love to initial their work... they take real pride in their creations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks GREAT! hey, why don't you come to NC and do my house for me!! i need to send you a picture and ask you what to do with this void apace i have...its so blah! i hate it! swarovski necklace wholesale france , swarovski necklace wholesale uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...