Jul 29, 2011

One Question: Shared Bedroom Part 2

Today is a continuation of my answer to Kari's question about her girl's shared bedroom.  She asked how I would combine two different style beds (a twin bed and toddler bed) in one room so it doesn't look like random furniture stashed in a room.  So yesterday, I posted a few inspiration photos of shared spaces to gather ideas and today, I created a mood board to show how I'd create a stylish girl's shared bedroom....

girlsroom=-design

Mood board breakdown....

1.  To keep the room bright and airy, Swiss Coffee by Benjamin Moore would look great on the walls.

2.  For an unexpected pop of color and to bring a little bit of coziness (and sweetness) to the room, I'd paint the ceiling Mellow Pink by Benjamin Moore.

3.  When I began to create the mood board, my starting point was this beautiful, floral fabric.... Gypsy Flower available thru Tonic Living.  The shades of pink, red and lime all swirled around on a white background look so sweet and girly... I thought it was perfect!  It's a print that could be used in a bold room or added to a soft and peaceful space.  The colors in this fabric bring all the colors in the room together and would look so great made into floor to ceiling curtains (Tonic Living also takes custom orders- curtains, pillows, etc!).

4.  A pennant banner, like this one from Sugar and Spice via Etsy, has a variety of colors (including red and pink) that bring a playful look and would look great strung cross the room.

5.  To accessorize and add more color, this painting by Cocoa and Hearts (Jen Ramos) brings a little bit of glamour to the walls!  It reminds me of lipstick shades drawn on a napkin.... only more glamorous.  I love it (I want one for my room!).

6.  For the toddler bedding, I put together polka dot sheets, a pink blanket and two pillows- a pink Ikat print and a floral print (same floral as the curtains).

7.  For the twin bed, I mixed it up a little.  The colors coordinate with the toddler bed, but I say let each girl have a uniquely, styled bed.  The duvet is all white with red stitch-work on the top, then for added comfort there's a pink blanket, red pillow, and the same pink Ikat print and floral print for pillows as the toddler bed.

8.  Add a comfy, cushy red and white polka dot bean bag to the room for an impromptu reading nook!

9.  The red dresser in the mood board is part of a room designed by Jodi at The Simply Inspired Home.....  I was hooked as soon as I saw it!  The color is absolutely stunning (you can read more about her room design here).  As for both beds in the room, the twin and toddler bed, I'd give them a similar look.  I'd make the headboards (and footboards) a creamy-white, that might mean slapping some paint on one (or both).  Then the cherry-red colored dresser will really stand-out!!!

Lastly, to keep the room warm and inviting, remember to add texture.... a wooden step-stool, wicker basket, natural-fiber rug, child-size distressed rocker, knitted blanket, stuffed animal, etc.  I think that when colors are limited and texture is added, it's really easy to give a bedroom a warm, cohesive, inviting feel, even if there are two different style beds!!!

11 comments:

  1. Thanks.... I like it too, probably because of all that pink :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post. I learn something more challenging on different blogs everyday. It will always be stimulating to read content from other writers and practice a little something from their store. I’d prefer to use some with the content on my blog whether you don’t mind. Natually I’ll give you a link on your web blog. Thanks for sharing. Luxury Hotel Soccer Wall MotoGP Wall

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! an amazing article dude. Thank you However I am experiencing issue with ur rss. Don’t know why Unable to subscribe to it. Is there anyone getting identical rss problem? Anyone who knows kindly respond. Thnkx

    Click Here
    Remote.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was very pleased to find this web-site. I wanted to thanks for your time for this wonderful read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you blog post.

    Profiles.delphiforums.com
    Information

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the right blog for anyone who wants to find out about this topic. You realize so much its almost hard to argue with you (not that I actually would want…HaHa). You definitely put a new spin on a topic thats been written about for years. Great stuff, just great!

    Information
    Click Here

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! an amazing article dude. Thank you However I am experiencing issue with ur rss. Don’t know why Unable to subscribe to it. Is there anyone getting identical rss problem? Anyone who knows kindly respond. Thnkx

    Information
    Click Here
    Visit Web

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...