Jul 28, 2011

One Question: Shared Bedroom Part 1

'One Question' is a series I started to answer reader's decorating questions with a hope to inspire others who have a similar dilemma.

* * * * * * * *

Kristy,

I'm in the process of moving both my girls into the same bedroom so they will share a room.  The problem is that they have different style beds.... one is still in a toddler bed and the other sleeps in a twin.  How would you decorate the room so that it has a cohesive look and not like a hodge-podge of random furniture?

Thanks - Kari

* * * * * * * *

Great question.... I love when kids are given the opportunity to share a bedroom with a sibling.  I think in the end it'll have a positive impact and teach a lot of valuable lessons.  As for decorating the room, I pulled a few photos that incorporate a twin bed and a toddler bed (or crib) for ideas....

Girls Bedroom

Girls Bedroom

Girls Bedroom

Girls Bedroom
Apologies, Source Unknown

Boys Bedroom

Girls Bedroom

Girls Bedroom

Boys Bedroom

A twin bed and crib/toddler bed may be completely different in form, function and style, but like the photos above, a bedroom can be completely stunning when they're combined.

Be sure to check back tomorrow.... I'll elaborate on Kari's question and show you how I'd decorate a shared bedroom for two girls when there's two different style beds.

2 comments:

  1. My favorite statement in this whole post was "I love when kids are given the opportunity to share a bedroom with a sibling." we have 2B and 2G, and have them doubled up since we have only 3 BRs... We are often asked "When are you moving to a bigger house so they can have their won rooms?" or "Oh, that's so sad that they all have to share like that!".... Really, i think its sad that so many families live in such a big house that they don't have to interact with each other unless they plan it that way. (sorry for my soap box, but i was SO thankful you said that!)
    And i think combining the toddler bed and twin can be down well, the pics you shared are great-I can't wait to see what YOU would do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My girls share a room too and I wouldn't have it any other way :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...