Mar 5, 2012

The Husband's Art

The husband had a team building exercise at work where he was given a canvas, a brush and a painting lesson.  I was envious.... mostly because painting is probably one of the last things you'd ever find him doing while it's something I love to do.  So.... yes, we are two of the most opposite people..... I'm art and color, he's analytical and black and white!  But somehow all of our differences and opposite interests bring us together.  Kinda funny.

During the painting class, the husband said that the instructor gave his team a basic lesson... well, I think his painting turned out beyond basic.  I think it's awesome!  Looking at it makes me feel like I'm laying on a grassy field staring at a perfectly colored midnight-blue sky while the leaves are lightly falling all around (more like Virginia weather, definitely not Texas!).

Painting

The painting is now resting on the bookshelf.....

Painting

..... and the bold blue color really catches my eye from across the room.  So beautiful!  For the next date night, I think the husband and I need a painting lesson together!

9 comments:

  1. Wow! That is awesome! Very impressed. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! and i thought he could only make an ice cream sundae look pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha.... the man's got some skills! I wonder if he's hiding a few others.... like building me a dining room table :))))

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think you should challenge him to that one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have, I usually get a laugh and an eye roll, but with his hidden skills maybe I'll be surprised one of these days.... a husband-made dining room table with an ice cream sundae on top.... sounds so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely painting! I was "the husband's high school English teacher, and I can't imagine him with a paint brush! (A basketball, yes!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. He definitely still has some of those basketball skills and now after seeing his amazing painting, I'm convinced he's hiding even more talents!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If some one needs to be updated with hottest technologies then he must be pay a quick visit this web page and be up to date everyday.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...