Apr 12, 2011

Breakfast Nook Color Inspiration

I've been staring at my breakfast nook with the newly purchased table and chair set from Craigslist and the half-finished mini-mudroom.... they both need work.  Before I jump in and recover the ottoman or slap some paint on the chairs (or table), I want to make sure I choose the right fabric and the right paint color so I get the look I want.

To start, I flipped through my style files stored in my trusty binder and on my laptop.  I stopped at this photo... I've loved the look of this breakfast nook since I first saw it.  I love how so many styles are mixed together with all those perfectly placed pops of color.  It has a way of presenting a lively and fun space.... I want to eat breakfast in this room, every morning.... what a way to start the day!

Apologies, Source Unknown

Since I'm crazy about this room, I'm thinking of painting my chairs yellow (maybe) and then giving them a well-worn-distressed-look.  To bring in more color, I'm searching for a colorful printed fabric for the windows that will tie the colors white, cream, pink, yellow, greenish/blue, and black from the surrounding rooms (kitchen, living room, mudroom).

The table and chair set, and other pieces shared between my breakfast nook and mudroom, look nothing like the items in this picture, but when my breakfast nook is complete, I'm hoping to accomplish a similar feel... cozy, lively, and fun.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! an amazing article dude. Thank you However I am experiencing issue with ur rss. Don’t know why Unable to subscribe to it. Is there anyone getting identical rss problem? Anyone who knows kindly respond. Thnkx

    Website
    Information
    Click Here

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...