After we hung our new art, I realized we also have a lot of other heart art around the house, all created at our kitchen table. So, maybe one of these will inspire you (and maybe even be your Valentine gift to someone this year?!).
1. In a hallway leading to bedrooms, I hung a large piece of plywood painted with black chalkboard paint. I change the chalk-written-words every so often (like here for Thanksgiving).... this month for Valentine's Day, I wrote the words LOVE LOVE LOVE and drew a heart at the bottom...
2. In my kitchen, I hung a multi-colored painting with pink hearts that my daughter and I worked on together a few years ago. This was also painted on a piece of scrap plywood.
3. These simple hand-drawn hearts were made with a fine-tip sharpie marker. It's hanging on the top part of the gallery wall in the living room, more details about the hearts here.
4. I have another heart painting that also hangs on the gallery wall in the living room. I painted a simple, rough heart using acrylic paint and wrote mine and the husbands initials with a gold marker.
5. And of course I have another pink heart painting.... this one is hung in the dining room. I used acrylic paint to quickly color in a tiny heart (can you tell my favorite color is pink?) and wrote the date of my wedding anniversary with a black fine tip sharpie marker, more details here.
Are you working on any type of heart art? Do tell....